From 1895 to 1922, the Rev. Henry M. Penniman served as Professor of Christian Evidences, a field agent, fund raiser, financial agent, and general evangelist for Berea College. He was a close friend of President Frost and helped raise the funds for the·women's Gymnasium that would be named the Woods-Penniman building on the Berea College Campus. After retirement, Penniman continued to preach, teach, and work with the College.
Scope and Contents: This collections contains biographical information, personal correspondence, publications and an unpublished manuscript by the Reverend Henry M. Penniman documenting moonshining, feuds, and other mountain enterprises.